Facility Use Information
Effective July 15, 2016
The Eastview Community Center is intended to serve the greater Des Moines area as a hub for partnerships "doing good for the community…with the community.” It is our intent the building and property be an excellent meeting space used for various community and private activities. Please review this document and contact us at email@example.com or if you have further questions regarding the rental and use of the facility.
Community groups, non-profits, businesses, and individuals can request a reservation at the Eastview Community Center. Highest priority will be given to community betterment organizations that positively impact the most members of the community.
Businesses and private individuals may request a reservation for family, social, or non-commercial events (no sales of goods or services) on a space-available basis. Reservation requests may be granted or denied at the sole discretion of the Eastview Community Center without explanation.
For detailed date and time availability, visit our public Activity Calendar.
- Any of the following require written disclosure with prior approval from Eastview Community Center: erecting tents, shelters or inflatables on the grounds, inside/outside amplified sound, outside toilets, blocking drives and parking, vehicle access off drives and parking, catered food, third-party rentals, sale of goods or services, additional trash containers or hanging decorations.
- To provide a family-friendly environment, no alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or electronic cigarettes are permitted on the Eastview Community Center property.
- There is no operable phone on the premise. You are responsible for having a cellular phone available in the case of emergency.
- All rooms, areas and/or grounds used by the organization and/or guests, with the exception of restrooms, must be cleaned and left in the same condition as found.
- All children under the age of 16 in the facility or on the grounds during the event must be supervised at all times.
- We reserve the right to give priority to a community-focused event over private use. Every attempt will be made to give as much notice as possible if this occurs.
- Failure to abide by these policies will prevent future reservation approval. The Eastview Community Center Director or designee shall have the authority to summarily revoke a reservation upon finding a violation of any provision, thereof. Eastview Community Center reserves the right to refuse and cancel any reservation at any time.
- User assumes all liability for damages caused by their guests.
- The Freedom Hall projector is set up for a VGA or HDMI (video only) connection. We do not have adapters. If you have any other connection port on your device (all Apple products and some of the newer tablets or ultra-thin laptops), you will need to bring the appropriate adapter to connect to our VGA port.
- Portable audio system available and can be used by itself or with Freedom Hall projector system. Please request system when making reservation.
- Audio/video carts with Blu-ray Disc/DVD player and 42” or 46" LED Display are available. Please request carts when making reservation.
- All decorations must be free-standing or table top. Attachment to walls, ceilings, windows, doors, etc. is not permitted.
- Paints, glues, adhesives, flammable liquids or open flames are not permitted.
- Glitter and/or confetti decoration of any type is prohibited.
- To help keep rental costs low and to provide a pleasant experience for the next user or activity, each party is responsible for cleaning all applicable rooms, areas and/or grounds used by the organization and/or guests with the exception of the restrooms.
- A cleaning service can be reserved as part of the agreement if you would rather have Eastview Community Center cleaned on your behalf after use.
- Cleaning instructions will be listed in the Reservation Agreement.
- In addition to rental fees, a security deposit of $300 is required unless prior approval is provided by Eastview Community Center.
- The security deposit is refundable if the conditions of the Reservation Agreement are met. If the conditions of the Reservation Agreement are not met and the total cost for resolution exceeds the amount of the security deposit, the user will be billed for those costs that exceed the security deposit. Eastview Community Center shall return to the user any remaining balance of the security deposit.
- Full payment of rental fees and security deposit is required with the Reservation Agreement to guarantee reservation unless prior approval for other arrangement is provided by Eastview Community Center. Full refunds are provided for reservation cancellations if one day advance notices is provided before the start of the event.